THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED.
The Big Education Conversation is taking place at the Bradfield Centre (a world-class collaboration space) on evening of Thursday 28th March. Teachers, headteachers and those connected with education will be joining the lively discussion and we’re very privileged to have an influential line-up of speakers. Some people have had difficulty registering for this FREE event. We recommend going to this site via Chrome outside of Central Host. However, if you have any difficulties please feel free to contact Suzie at firstname.lastname@example.org .
In these days of tight budgets and external pressures to improve, it is more important than ever for schools to get the best value out of their continuing professional development budgets. When professional learning is carried out well, it is the most effective tool for improving pupil outcomes, closing gaps, and improving staff morale.
Well led CPD helps to build a successful a culture of professional learning within a school.
This three session programme is for those with responsibility for leading and managing CPD in their schools or phase. This can include headteachers and other senior and middle leaders.
During the programme you will:
- further develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required by a CPD leader so that you can devise high impact CPD programmes in your school;
- consider the CPD leader role in preparing and implementing whole school or phase CPD and staff development policy and practice;
- consider how to further develop your professional learning community, so that staff learning can flourish despite often feeling under the endless pressure of everyday teaching;
- discuss the research and evidence based CPD strategies which impact most on improving teaching and learning in classrooms;
- review how best to identify and address school and individual CPD needs;
- discuss how well planned CPD can effectively support colleagues in their career development;
- discover how to plan for impact – not just try to measure it;
- work through effective strategies for evaluating both the short and longer term the impact of CPD;
ü learn the secrets of making change stick.
Programme Facilitator: Nigel Battey
Nigel was previously Senior Adviser for Cambridgeshire LA for seven years and has also worked at The Eastern Leadership Centre, leading the organisation and delivery of senior leadership programmes, including NPQH. He was also an accredited national trainer for the Training and Development Agency, facilitating training nationally for a number of TDA programmes. Nigel has been headteacher at two schools. Ofsted noted Nigel’s “inspirational leadership”.
Currently he is a partner in ‘Partnerships for School Improvement’ (PfSI), the largest independent provider of school improvement services to primary schools and academies in Cambridgeshire, working as a School Improvement Adviser to schools.
He is also a lead facilitator and mentor for the National College Chair of Governors Leadership Development Programme
Tuesday 14th November – 1.30 – 5.00pm
Tuesday 5th December – 1.30 – 5.00pm
Tuesday 16th January – 1.30 – 5.00pm